Tuesday, March 9, 2010

not very eventful

Not very much has happened this week. That's probably due to my shameful attitude of counting the days rather than making the days count. I need to change that.
Thursday morning we went to see Bill & Aggie with Sister McGlone. We left them with Mosiah 3-5 to read. Aggie said she was disappointed that she didn't learn anything new this time. She's so funny. We talked about how wonderful it is that the prophecies of Christ in the Book of Mormon support the ones in the Bible, and it shows that we believe in the same Christ. We also talked about how Christ is the reason for everything. Bill & Aggie get sidetracked sometimes anyway, and Sister McGlone talks a lot and also gets sidetracked, so you can guess how the lesson went. It's great to have Sister McGlone there to fellowship them though. They sure do love her. We left them with 3 Nephi 11 & 15 to read, and they were excited to read about Christ coming to America. They came to sacrament meeting Sunday!!! I prayed long and hard that the testimonies that would be shared would be good and focus on Jesus Christ. It was a good meeting, and they said they enjoyed it. Phew. Fast Sunday can be scary sometimes with investigators there. They normally talk to their son via webcam at 10:00 and we have church at 9:00, so that had been their excuse at first. But after the meeting when we were talking to them, Aggie told us that they told their son they were unavailable that day. :) We introduced them to a lot of people to help them feel welcome and have a desire to come back. By the time they made it to the back of the chapel, Aggie was introducing herself to people! Oh, I sure do love them. They are the cutest couple.
Thursday was also the day I woke up sick. It wasn't too bad in the morning, but by the time we got to Bill & Aggie's, I wasn't doing well. So we came home afterward, and I tried to rest, and then I slept all day Friday and part of the day Saturday. Sunday I was still a little weak, but we had almost a full day of missionary work. Monday I was back to normal. I was only feeling sick Thursday, but the other days I just felt so tired and weak. Being sick is no fun. I'm glad it wasn't too bad though.
Yesterday most of our plans fell through. So we had even more time than planned to go tracting. I had planned to finish tracting a development we've been working in lately, but even as I planned that Sunday night, I knew it wasn't right. I didn't have any other idea at that time though, so I kept that as the plan. As the time came to go tracting, I decided to go to another street close to our apartment that we had started tracting last week. There was a lady who had told us to come back sometime this week, so we went to try her. She was home and she let us in. Her name is Vonda. She and her husband are foster parents and they just finalized an adoption of 4 kids. They are very active Baptists, and just from talking with her I could tell she was a great Christian lady, one who "walked the walk" as well as "talked the talk". She said she went to school with a Mormon and she said all she could remember from her about our beliefs was about the 12 Apostles. We talked about Christ setting up His church and calling Apostles in Jerusalem, in the ancient Americas, and in modern times. We shared with her some verses from the Book of Mormon and testified that it was truly the Word of God. We asked if she had any questions, and she said not really, but she couldn't say for herself that the Book of Mormon was the word of God because she hadn't read it. We left her with a copy, and talked to her about Moroni's promise. She said she'd take a look at it. We have a return appointment with her in 2 weeks. Hopefully the Spirit inspires her during that time to read from and ponder the book, and then to ask God as Moroni counsels.
We almost lost our car yesterday. We parked on the road and walked as we tracted. When we came back, there was a police officer with his lights on behind our car. Uh oh. Apparently, we parked in a poor visibility spot (near a hill) and because of the speed limit, it was likely to cause an accident. The cop had called a tow truck, but thankfully he was nice and thankfully we got there when we did, and we were able to leave with no problems. That would've created quite a problem if we hadn't come back when we did because I would've had no clue what happened to our car, and our dinner appointment was next on our schedule, and it was a 25 minute drive. Thank goodness.
Well, hopefully this week will be more eventful. I'm excited for spring - I didn't even wear a jacket yesterday! It was around 60. It better not snow again. :) Take care.

Sister Humpherys



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.